Glamping Road Trip Ideas From Atlanta
Is it time for your family’s summer road trip? If you are not the camping type, you may still be looking for a nature vacation. Try Glamping! (Glamour + Camping). Here is a list of our five favorite ‘Glamping road trip’ destinations near Metro Atlanta:
- The Martyn House Bed and Breakfast – This is a unique camping experience, with luxury “tents” made from fabric from India. Accommodations include central air and lovely bedding. There are activities on the grounds, including massages and meals. It is located near Ellijay, GA, where there are many activities including hiking, tubing and antiquing.
- Sugarboo Farms – This location gives you a chance to live the farm life in comfortable cottages or a renovated farmhouse. Activities include gatherings by a fire pit, croquet, Frisbee golf and exploration of the Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Yurts at Georgia State Parks – There are five state parks in Georgia that now offer yurts as options for your stay. A yurt is a round tent-like structure that is already set up with furniture and a front porch. Each park has a different feel and different opportunities to get up close with nature.
- Serenbe Inn – This luxurious farm community does not feel like a short drive from Atlanta. You can stay in cottages, restored farmhouses, or in the community area itself. Meals cooked by some of Atlanta’s best chefs, horseback riding, family camps and ropes courses are just a few of the activities.
- Treehouses at Edisto River – These treehouses are the halfway stop on a two-day canoeing trip. There’s no running water, so it may be a stretch to call this Glamping… but a comfortable bed in the middle of a private wildlife refuge with a view of the river? We’d say that is mighty fine!
However you prefer to travel, we at Walker Smith Body Shop in Snellville would like to wish you a happy Summer Vacation!